Everyone has their own reasons for pounding it out on pavement, trails or their treadmill. As long as they come from a healthy place, all of those reasons are wonderful. Below are some of my top reasons why I run.
Check out my Pinterest board, I’d Rather Be Running, for some more motivation.
- Because the thoughts of the day, all the bad stuff, all the stress, goes away for 5k
- Because no one can run it for me, I have to do it myself
- Because when I’m out there, I remember who I am
- Because every time I set out I teach myself all over again that I am capable of discipline
- Because I am learning to appreciate my body, and everything it does for me
- Because I now know what it feels like to be truly capable of something
- Because no matter what, I’m only ever running against myself
- Because when it hurts and I’m tired, I know that I have been here before, and I got it through it then, so I can get through it now
- Because every once and awhile, I get to learn what it feels like for something to be easy that was once very, very hard
- Because it reminds me that either way I’ll run the distance, so I might as well be happy
- Because I think I like who I am becoming when I run
- Because I’m not giving up